Our Employment Lawyers are experts in establishing, maintaining and terminating employment relationships for both Employers and Employees.
We advise a wide range of clients in Wellington and around New Zealand on all aspects of employment law, as well as holiday pay and health and safety issues.
If you are an Employer, we can provide you with employment agreements and policies that are tailored to your particular business requirements and we can keep you updated about the ever-changing legal requirements to help you disputes and personal grievance claims.
We also provide letters, forms and checklists to help you comply with the procedural requirements relating to warnings or dismissals (including by way of redundancy).
If you are an Employee, we can review your employment agreements and ensure that the terms and conditions offered to you are fair and reasonable, and appropriately reflect what you are expected to do for the Employer.
If employment problems arise, we provide pragmatic advice about the legal position and possible solutions. In our experience, it is normally in both parties’ interests to resolve any problems quickly and we encourage our clients to contact us to discuss any issues or queries they may have as soon as possible.
Our employment lawyers represent both Employers and Employees at disciplinary meetings and provide advice and representation at mediations. If the dispute is still not resolved, we can appear with you in the
Employment Relations Authority and Employment Court.
Key Employment Law Services
- Employment law, holiday pay and health and safety advice
- Drafting or reviewing and explaining employment agreements and policies
- Providing template letters, forms and checklists for disciplinary action
- Negotiating settlements of personal grievances
- Attending mediation
- Representing you in the Employment Relations Authority and Employment Court
Examples of Recent Employment Law and Personal Grievance Work
- Advising on breaches of restraint of trade and confidential information provisions
- Negotiating comprehensive settlement of personal grievance on behalf of employee
- Attending mediation